Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What's your real gauge?

I am a trusting soul. When a yarn label says " 18 stitches and 24 rows " I assume, um, 18 stitches and 24 rows. I also assume when someone says, I am not married, or I am 53.....that they really aren't married, and are pretty close to 53. A change of needles and mood can take the 18/24 gauge and maybe add a stitch or two in each direction.
No matter the dating site, whether the symbol is a fish, some hearts or a big 'e', 7 years older is just that ...seven years older. Were he near to my age, it would be a moot point, but when this 'gauge swatch variability ' means he is closer to my mom's age than mine, I decide to switch projects all together. Like knitting a tank top in Eco wool.....thinking it may just have the gauge of a fine silk DK, eventually you have to wash it, see it naked and perhaps want to have sex without doing CPR before your orgasm.

just sayin'

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Kim's Suitcase said...

your hilarious!

we need more chapters sue, please produce more more more....

no pressure.

kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home