Thursday, November 06, 2008

shrimpy instructions





Shrimpy- for use with one skein ( 150 yards or so ) of DK yarn

4mm 24 inch circular needles, or 4mm straights and you can sew the seam later.

Cast on 131 stitches.
Join to work in the round, place marker to indicate start of round

Row 1,3 and 5- purl 2 * knit 9 , purl 2 * repeat from * to end of round
Row 2, 4, 6 nd 8 - purl 2 * knit 4, purl one, knit 4 * repeat until end of round

Row 7- Purl 2, * place next two stitches on cable needles, hold in back of work, knit two from circular needle, knit two from cable needle, knit one, place two stitches from circ onto cable needle, hold in front, knit from circ, knit from cable ( you get it now ) , purl two * repeat from * to end of round

Row 7 for cablers... purl 2 * CB4, knit one, CF4 * repeat


lather rinse and keep repeating until you run outta yarn!

Bind off in pattern.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

This is beautiful! I'm trying to think of my stash and see if I have anything that I can make with this. If not, I may have to go shopping. :D

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Yosemite said...

I just cast on to make this cowl. I wanted to say thank you for the great pattern and ask if the cast on should be 132 sts and not 131.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home